Some outlets in our network are designated as Premium Outlets. Premium Outlets receive extra, preferential support from Paperight, and provide certain levels of marketing, service and pricing for customers.
As a Premium Outlet, you get from Paperight:
- Featured on our outlet maps, outlet listings and in local advertising materials and PR.
- Marketing materials customised with your logo and corporate colours (e.g. price lists, posters and flyers), including text to use in your own newsletters.
- Printed marketing materials (such as point-of-sale stands and posters).
- The option to apply for credit (i.e. no need to buy top ups in advance).
- Preferential local customer referrals (e.g. schools wanting to buy books in bulk).
- Priority client support and a dedicated Paperight liaison.
- On-site training sessions for staff.
- Optional access to aggregated sales data from other outlets opted in to Paperight data sharing.
Premium Outlets are required to:
- Collaborate with Paperight on promotional campaigns (e.g. regarding featured products and timing), including making senior staff available, within reason, for PR (e.g. interviews with journalists and photographs in store).
- Ensure all staff are trained to use Paperight, registered as users individually, and kept up to date on promotions and developments.
- Keep Paperight marketing material visible to customers in store (e.g. point-of-sale flyers, catalogues and posters).
- List Paperight book-printing in their lists of services on their websites.
- Offer printing prices at or below R0.50 per double-sided, black-and-white A4 sheet for all Paperight documents.
- Be able to print and bind A5 books, front covers printed in colour, and binding (e.g. spiral, wire, comb or perfect binding).
- Offer a 10-minute turnaround time for walk-in customers with simple Paperight orders.
- Make the Paperight catalogue available to customers to browse in store (on screen or on paper)
- Have a minimum 1Mbps ADSL connection.
Last updated: 11 Dec 2013